£20.00 – £250.00
Impressionist Landscape Painting
Use the drop-down below to select your Cornish art or feel free to ask me a question.
Free shipping to the United Kingdom.
Newquay, North Cornwall
Original Contemporary Cornish Art Landscape Painting by Cornish Artist Diane Griffiths
An atmospheric painting with a hazy mix of blue, orange and yellow. Overlooking Newquay bay on Towan Head, Huers Hut is a symbol of Newquay’s fishing past. It would have been manned by the ‘Huers’ who were employed by the competing ‘Fish Cellars’ companies. The current building dates to the mid 19th Century, but there would have been a shelter for a Huer as far back as the 14th Century. A Huer would watch the sea looking for giant shoals of pilchards or other fish passing by. Once spotted the Huer would cry out and fishermen would make the most of the opportunity.
Buy Original Painting
- Original Contemporary Cornish Landscape Painting
- Acrylic, oil and enamel on cotton canvas with painted sides
- 50x50cm/20×20″ (2019)
- Original artwork with signed Certificate of Authenticity
- Painted sides, no frame required
Buy Art Prints and Gifts
- Art Print – Printed on premium 240gsm paper
- Framed Art Print – Mounted in 35cm deep chunky frames (Frame 52x52cm).
- Canvas Prints – Printed on premium 260gsm canvas, hand-stretched over 38mm bars with white sides, includes handy hanging pack so your canvas can sit flush to the wall.
- Cushions – Printed on soft faux-suede material with white coloured back, Hard-wearing and machine washable.