£20.00 – £75.00
Impressionist Wildlife Painting
Use the drop-down below to select your art or feel free to ask me a question.
Free shipping to the United Kingdom.
Based on Original Contemporary Wildlife Stork Portrait Painting by Artist Diane Griffiths
This is actually an African stork; Abdim’s White-bellied Black Stork. The painting is based on a photo I took at London Zoo. The stork was there for an instant, right above me, before it flew to another part of the enclosure. I was lucky to get the photo. I was so taken with the composition and colour this was a painting which practically jumped onto the canvas. Working the background primarily in enamels and the stork in acrylic, there is a striking contrast between the vibrant blue sky and the black feathers.
The introduction of enamels in this work allowed me create a huge amount of movement in this painting; the sky swirls in many different directions while the beak cuts abruptly across. While I’m not trying to be photo-realistic, I do want to depict a certain amount of technical accuracy in order to capture something about the stork. There is an innocence in the moment; to stop, take a quick look around before moving on. We see a crisp fleeting moment, the stork pauses while the world around him continues to be in motion.
- Original Contemporary Woodland Landscape Painting
- Acrylic on 1.5″ box canvas with painted sides
- 91x61cm/36×24″ (2015)
Buy Art Prints and Gifts
- Art Print – Printed on premium 240gsm paper
- Framed Art Print – Mounted in 35cm deep chunky frames (Frame 52x52cm).
- Canvas Prints – Printed on premium 260gsm canvas, hand-stretched over 38mm bars with white sides, includes handy hanging pack so your canvas can sit flush to the wall.
- Greeting Cards – 15x15cm greeting card, blank inside.
- Cushions – Printed on soft faux-suede material with white coloured back, Hard-wearing and machine washable.