Original Contemporary Cornish Landscape Tintagel Painting by Cornish Artist Diane Griffiths
I think everyone is enchanted with Tintagel and the legend of King Arthur, it’s a magical place with a magical legend. The landscape itself is really unique and exciting; with cliffs, caves, castles and waterfalls to name some of the features. It’s a place where you can let your imagination run wild, and that’s exactly what happened with this painting. I didn’t want to just paint what you see but what you feel in this location – wholly inspired by an impressionistic style, drenched with mist, mystery and suggestion.
- Original Contemporary Cornish Landscape Painting
- Acrylic and enamel on cotton canvas with painted sides
- 50x50cm/20×20″ (2017)
- Certificate of Authenticity included
Work in Progress
There was a lot of pushing and pulling with this painting; building up the layers in a dreamy way – using acrylics almost like watercolours as they drip down the cliffs. I also used spray enamel to help to mix and blend the colours, finishing with the detail in the stone wall.
Purchase Art Prints and Gifts
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.